America’s water infrastructure is aging. Your water can become contaminated at any point during its journey to your home from the source, to the water treatment facility, through the miles of pipes. Water filtration is about taking action for yourself and your family to reduce the amount of contaminants in your water.
A Contaminated World
A lot has been done in the past 20 years to clean up the environment, but there are still a lot of contaminants that exist. Water treatment facilities are still working to remove traces of industrial waste dumped in the surface water over 40 years ago.
While much is out of your control when it comes to the pollutants, filtering your water is one thing you can control.
An Aging Infrastructure
America’s water infrastructure is nearing the end of its useful life. Water systems are being flagged but high repair costs are preventing them from being fixed to meet EPA standards. Even if the water quality measured at the water treatment plants is good and meets regulations, the water can become contaminated on the journey it takes to your home after it leaves the facility. Millions of US homes are supplied water that passes through Lead pipes. As water travels through these pipes, Lead can enter the water before it reaches your faucet.
- The U.S. will need to invest $384.2 billion over the next 20 years to upgrade and replace the existing water infrastructure.
- American Society of Civil Engineers gave America’s drinking water a grade "D".
- Our water infrastructure uses materials containing Lead, making it impossible to have water with zero Lead in it.
- There are 4 million households with children currently exposed to high levels of Lead.
A Better Environment
America’s demand on natural resources is growing rapidly, and many of those demands have negative impacts on the environment, including the mass production of bottled water. PUR Filtration Systems and Pitchers deliver the equivalent of up to 3,000 16.9 oz. plastic bottles of water in one year, without the environmental burden.
- Producing plastic water bottles requires 3 times the amount of water the actual bottle will ever hold.
- 38 billion plastic water bottles are thrown away every year.
- 17 million barrels of oil are used to make water bottles annually.
- Producing bottled water creates 2.5 million tons of CO2 and 1.5 million tons of plastic globally.
- 90% of the global warming impact of plastic water bottles occurs during manufacturing and transportation.
A Healthier You
Water doesn’t just keep you hydrated; it aids in digestion, reduces the risk of some infections, transports vitamins and nutrients, and helps you keep a clear head. Water is important because the human body averages approximately 60% water and all of its systems depend on it to function properly.
Can cause developmental and learning disabilities in infants and children.
Can irritate your eyes and nose and affect your nervous system.
Short and long-term exposure can lead to serious kidney damage.
Why Filter With PUR?
We want to make sure every drop of water that leaves your faucet is filtered, because we think there is nothing more important than keeping your water clean. That’s why our faucet filters are certified to reduce chemical & physical contaminants*.
*PUR does not filter microbes.